Application Requirements for CA State Employees Association Scholarship Applicants
1. Must be a dependent, grandchild, or spouse of a California State Employee Association affiliate member:
- ACSS (Association of California State Supervisors)
- California State Retirees
- CSUEU (California State University Employees Union)
- SEIU Local 1000
- UAW Local 2350
2. Have a grade point average of 3.0 (based on 4 point system) utilizing grades in all subjects taken in grades 10, 11 and the first semester of 12. College students will be grade point average for years attended.
3. Be at least a high school senior (preference will be given); however, college students will be considered. Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply, regardless of decisions on prior applications.
4. Use the scholarship AWARDED for scholastic or vocational course of study.
5. Complete a 500 word or less essay (word processed), expressing personal goals and how this scholarship will benefit you and your goals. You may include any unusual circumstances relating to financial need.
6. Provide copies of high school or university official transcripts in a sealed envelope (included in your packet). Students who have completed their freshman year of college need not send their high school transcripts.
7. Submit a summary of any honors received in school, participation in various extracurricular activities, as well as community service work and work experience, if applicable.
8. Submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, coaches or employers.
9. IMPORTANT: Please have your name on all papers submitted.